Table of Contents Hide
This tutorial is about the How to Setup Microsoft Teams. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Setup Microsoft Teams. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Setup Microsoft Teams
If you run your own business or are part of a workgroup at a larger company, you probably need a place to communicate and collaborate with others inside and outside your organization. But you don’t have to pay for expensive collaboration tools like Office 365 or SharePoint, because Microsoft Teams is free to use.
With the free version of Microsoft Teams, you get unlimited chat, audio and video calls, and 10 GB of file storage for your entire team, plus 2 GB of personal storage for each individual. Microsoft Teams integrates with all online office applications and more than 140 business applications. Add up to 299 people to your network of contacts, who can be inside or outside your company.
Please note that the free version of Microsoft Teams is only available to those who do not have a paid Office 365 subscription. Office 365 subscribers who attempt to sign up for Teams will be redirected to a managed account for their existing plan. Customers who don’t have a Teams license as part of an Office 365 subscription can sign up for a one-year free trial. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up Microsoft Teams.
How to set up Microsoft Teams
How to create an organization in Microsoft Teams
- Point any browser to “teams.microsoft.com” and sign in to your Microsoft account. You can create an account for free if you don’t already have one.
- Once you’ve signed in to your Microsoft account, select “Get the Windows app” to download and install the app on your Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, or Linux device.
- The browser-based version of the web app doesn’t support real-time calls or meetings, but sometimes it’s faster to access Teams through a browser. If you want to access Teams through your browser without downloading the app, click “Use the web app instead.”
- When the Teams app is first installed on your device, you may need to sign in again. Then click “Sign up for teams” to start setting up your organization.
- A new web page will open where you can read a full list of features and compare pricing plans. Teams is free if you use it with any other Microsoft Office 365 apps.
- If you’re joining an existing organization, choose “Already using Teams?” Sign in.” Once you sign in, you’re ready to explore your organization’s existing Teams infrastructure and start chatting with your colleagues.
- If you are starting a new organization, click “Sign up for free”.
- Enter your email and then select “Next”.
- Enter your first and last name, as well as the name of your company or organization. When you’re done, click “Set Up Teams.”
- Assuming your organization name isn’t already in use, Teams will begin creating your organization and then open the web app.
- Once you’ve signed in to Teams for the first time, it’ll ask for your name and picture (both optional), then guide you through its interface and features.
How to invite people to your organization in Microsoft Teams
- You’ll receive an email with a link that you can send to your colleagues to invite them to join your new Teams organization. Teams will also greet you with this link when you first log in.
- You can always invite new people to your organization within the Teams app. Select the “Teams” tab on the left, then click “Invite People.”
- In this menu, you can copy an invite link to your clipboard, invite contacts directly from your email contact list, or invite people with different email addresses. These email addresses do not have to be Microsoft email addresses, but your guests will be asked to use their email addresses to create a Microsoft account.
- Your guests will receive an email. To join the organization, your colleagues must click “Join Teams” in this email. They can also click the “iOS” and “Android” buttons to install the mobile app for their respective device.
- You and your colleagues can now collaborate remotely across this organization in Microsoft Teams. You can create a better communications platform by creating new teams within your organization, integrating Teams with Office 365, and sharing your screen, files, or favorite cat photos.
Final words: How to Setup Microsoft Teams
I hope you understand this article How to Setup Microsoft Teams, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.